Logo

1998 57 EFI missfiring

b_niehoff

"'98 5.7 EFI runs good col

"'98 5.7 EFI runs good cold, as soon as its warm up it misses when I hammer the gas. I've replaced the cap, rotar and timing advance coil. when it happens my Tach jumps everywhere, any ideas?"

"Disconnect the tach and try i

"Disconnect the tach and try it. If all goes well; replace the tach. If it persists, try another coil."

"Disconnect the tach did not w

"Disconnect the tach did not work, dissconnecting the knock sencer did not work, cleaning throtle body and idle sencer did not work, plug and coil wires are good,??????? it still falls on it's face when you hammer it??????????????"

"when it happens my Tach j

"when it happens my Tach jumps everywhere"

Test the TPS w/ an ohmmeter; may have a dead spot or wiring is defective. Sustitute another coil. EFI TB injectors worn out or dirty. Spark control module failing.

Drain the fuel filter and fill it w/SeaFoam and run the engine 15 mins. to clean injectors.

Still falls on its face; replace spark control module.

"Guy, thanks for your help. I

"Guy, thanks for your help. I had a smashed spark plug on the port side, the motor has about 1500 hrs on. I found a 350 mag for 2k it only has about 25 hrs on it. I'll slap that in next weak and let you know how that goes,
Thx again.
Brad"

Back