Logo

NEED A SET OF 57 HEADS

kenkee3

I need a set of heads for my 1

I need a set of heads for my 1989 5.7 mercruiser casting #217. Does anybody know where I can get a good deal on a set. Also does anybody know what other casting numbers may be interchangable with the 217. I am having a hard time locating a set of used heads. I may only need one head but I just these re-done and only have about 15 hours on them and blew out a valve seat so I am not sure if I should still use the other one or not?

"Ayuh,... I'd buy a set o

"Ayuh,... I'd buy a set of Vortecs,+ a matching intake manifold...

Ya need Heads anyways,+ it's pretty much a Free 20/ 30hp..."

can't replace the valve se

can't replace the valve seat ? any good engine rebuilding shop should be able to do it.

Word on the street is if I hav

Word on the street is if I have that oversized and replace just the seat that from a machine shop mechanics past experiences with this engine it will break again within 20 hours so just hearing that really makes it hard to go that route. He told me it has happened to him twice and he would not recommend doing that.

"As Bondo suggested, vortec he

"As Bondo suggested, vortec heads and a matching intake will breath new life into your motor. I went from a 1994 5.7 four barrel to a 2006 vortec motor (fi was trashed so I got a vortec intake and reused the same carb). The differance is night and day. I did not re-jet or adjust it. I did clean it, kinda, without disassembly."

Yeah I am looking at going in

Yeah I am looking at going in that direction just looking around for a good price. I did call clearwater cylinder heads as Joe suggested and they seem to be the best price.

Back