Logo

Bravo3 and Volvo Penta engine

kvdk

"I own a Arriva 2552 with a Vo

"I own a Arriva 2552 with a Volvo Penta 8,1 L / 420 HP (2006) installed with the original Mercruiser Bravo3 duoprop drive - Has problems with the drive and want to buy a new/second hand drive but need to know the gearing in the drive - can anyone tell me what i need ... ?"

"you need to look at the label

"you need to look at the label on the side of the drive for information, thats the most accurate way."

"ps.. what type of problems ar

"ps.. what type of problems are you having, they may not be the drive. You may want to think about a "drive shower", google it for more info."

A splinter has dropped by one

A splinter has dropped by one of the teeth in the top house and locked the drive at the entrance so that all gears in the house is smashed and has also made deep scratches at the inside of the house also i.e. new drive ...

"There should be a label on th

"There should be a label on the side of the drive near the top. It should have the gear ratio, you can sometimes look that information up by the serial nummber.

Dont throw it away, the shafts are worth money, unless they are twisted, I'm assuming that happend to the TOP END ?? how is the lower end ??

Maybe you could just buy a new Upper ? though you would want the lower dissasembled, checked, cleaned and resealed."

"Keep us posted on your progre

"Keep us posted on your progress. Is the leg a Bravo 3 or Bravo 3 X, ? From what i have been told the basic 3 are not as robust as the X. I have a 496 HO matched with Bravo 3 X . Ratio 2 : 1. My knowledge on these is limited."

Back