Logo

1970 Chrysler 70 outboard

ruckus3313

Regular Contributor
I just have a simple question.

I just have a simple question. This is my first posting under the chrysler forum as I have a volvo penta i/o. A good friend of mine has a 1970 Chrysler Outboard 70Hp. We did a compression test and its about 100lbs across the 3 cyl's...What is the recommended psi for this motor??any help would be great!!thanks in advance

"Comp 90_120 age of motor,use,

"Comp 90_120 age of motor,use,will change comp39 years of wear on rings cylinders.as long as the readings arent more than 10 psi difference between all 3.add more oil to premix help with compression."

hey thanks for the quick respo

hey thanks for the quick response. Greatly needed!!! yeah its on a 14ft checkmate and it runs really good buy its just really coldblooded to get it going!! Cleaned all carbs changed plugs runs great. Now only if we can get the shift cable adjusted to get reverse to work

hey thanks for the quick respo

hey thanks for the quick response. Greatly needed!!! yeah its on a 14ft checkmate and it runs really good buy its just really coldblooded to get it going!! Cleaned all carbs changed plugs runs great. Now only if we can get the shift cable adjusted to get reverse to work

Buy some Seafoam at WalMart.

Buy some Seafoam at WalMart. It is in the automotive section. Remove the sparkplugs and squirt some in on top of the cylinders. Pour the rest in your 6 gallon gas can with the gas/oil mix. Let it soak in the cylinders for a few hours then run the rest through the engine. I do this once a year to decarbon my motors.
Do a search here on Decarbon to see more posts.
Bill

Back