Logo

9 Hp Ted Williams looking for info

chad

I would like to know the year

I would like to know the year M/N 574-59740 and S/N 68600910-1434 I just bought this Ted Williams sears twin cylinder 9hp and It sat in the guys barn for 7yrs I got it home and mixed some gas and it fired up so I went and bought new plugs what else should I do to it? It don't go as fast as I would expect a 9 hp to go on a 13ft aluminum boat . I also looking for a tear down diagram if there is one. Iam looking for somewhere to buy parts the only ones I can find is ebay store sanfords goodies

"You might change your water p

"You might change your water pump for starters. Test both spark plugs for spark, they had a very expensive solid state ignition and 2 small white coils which must never be disconnected while spinning the engine over. I used to solder those slide on connectors just for this reason. No way to test except by exchange. I've found good ohmn readings on bad coils so go figure."

Thanks I am tearing the bottom

Thanks I am tearing the bottom apart today to make sure I get the right pump. as for the coil I ve looked with out taking anything apart I only see one but there is two plug wire's going up in there I ve tried to find a duel coil but I can only fine single coils that must mean I have two and one must be hiden prety well under the top.

Well I had the lower unit off

Well I had the lower unit off and the pump looks good I took the the screen out of the fuel pump and that looks good. Well I guess the coils are next. but 1st I going to take it out and mess with the jets I think someone messed with them and never reset them!

Back