Logo

BF 225 Honda alarm

crabber5010

"After about 20 minutes of run

"After about 20 minutes of running above 4000 RPM a continuous alarm sounds and the engine rPM's drop to idle. No indicator lights come on. I turn the ignition off and alarm goes off and engine starts and runs fine for another 20 minutes. Will run all day long at idle or below 3500 RPM.
Replaced O2 sensor, Racor filters and seperators.

Shop manual trouble shoot points toward overheat or low oil pressure.

Anyone have idea or had similar problem?"

2004 BF225A - 420 hours

Do

2004 BF225A - 420 hours

Do not have the full serial # available to me at this time. If it is important I will follow up later with the serial #

"It's probably your water

"It's probably your water pump or water pump impeller. Has it been ever replaced? Also, it is possible that some pieces have come off the impeller and are restricting the water flow. An overheated engine will also indicate low oil pressure. Run the engine at WOT for 10 - 15 minutes, then power down and feel the water coming out of the telltale. If it is more than bath tub water temperature, replace your water pump. Check the impeller carefully and make sure no pieces are missing. If they are, then you will need to do a high pressure flush to try to flush out the missing pieces. The impeller should be changed every 200 hours on that engine. You should flush the engine with fresh water after each use. While you have the boat out of the water, I would also consider changing out the thermostats for good measure."

"Jack - Your initial message s

"Jack - Your initial message said you changed out the HO2 sensor, so I took that off the plate. Is that correct?"

Back