Logo

Volvo MD 2030D

starlightsirius

"This engine runs perfectly fo

"This engine runs perfectly for weeks on end, then it starts to lose power. from 2500 rpm it will drop to 2000 then back up after 5-6 secs. after a few occilations it drops off to idle and back up. Sometimes it will stall at idle. Bleeding does not necessarilly work. Last year we replaced the fuel lines from tank to engine and replaced the main water seperater filter housing.
Recently a collapsed pipe was blamed after another period of misbehaving but I had my doubts. Again it ran perfectly for 3 weeks.
Help!! Has anybody had the same experiance?"

"Had similar problem, found su

"Had similar problem, found suspended material floating in the fuel tank. Overcame the problem by removing the fuel float arm, to gain access to the tank, pumped and drained fuel from the tank through a fine mesh strainer and found tiny pieces of black plastic no bigger than 1mm within the diesel. Goodness knows where it came from. Your problem appears to be a fuel restriction, hope this is of some help."

"John,
I have been thinking a

"John,
I have been thinking along the same lines then something appears to be found!! An engineer went aboard on Monday and discovered a loose fuel pipe connection right up at the tank. It was difficult to get to but he was able to reproduce the fault exactly. Once again the donk is running perfectly. Thanks for your help."

Back