Logo

Tilttrim on 85 hp Force

maverick_974

"My engine is a 1984 Force. 85

"My engine is a 1984 Force. 85 horsepower. It's mounted to a bayliner Trophy bass boat. It has power tilt but not power trim. At least I think it doesn't have power trim. It has the 2 rams on each side but no ram in the middle. Only one ram has a hydraulic line going to it.
It tilts up and down but if it's tilted up, it will within a few minutes, blead out the pressure and the engine will slowly fall back to the down position so I'm guessing this is only power tilt.
I've looked around and seen that power trim usually has a middle ram that works in conjunction with the outer rams.
Here is my question. I found someone that wants to sell me an entire tilt/trim unit but the pump is not working. Can I just bolt on the middle ram onto my system and reroute the hydraulic lines or do I have to replace the entire system and if so, do I have to remove the engine to do that?
Also, is the hydraulic pump on my tilt system the same pump the would work both the tilt AND trim or would I need a different pump???"

Back