Logo

Volvo2002

C

chris walsh

" can you help.
I have a 45ft

" can you help.
I have a 45ft narrowboat with a volvo 2002 diesel,can anyone tell me the cc of the engine,also can anyone tell me how to get a workshop manual.
regards
chris walsh. "

I have just bought a sailboat

I have just bought a sailboat with the Volvo 2002 engine. I will check the cc and let you know. Meanwhile do you have any problems with starting in cool conditions? My engine only wants to start after heating up with a small space heater. The engine is also fitted with two glowplugs in the air intake manifold(not the most efficient location. I gather that this is not standard on the engine. After successful start the engine idles perfectly at a very low speed and puts out the power suggesting that it is not a compression problem. It has been suggested by the previous owner that a shot of ether starting fluid in the inlet will ensure a start. This often used for car starting in very cold weather. I do not like the fire hazard however. What has been your experience or anyone else out there?

" Chris, I also have a worksho

" Chris, I also have a workshop manual and would be willing to send you a xerox copy if you give me your address via e-mail. "

I look for marine diesel engi

I look for marine diesel engine(volvo penta)
Type:AD31-AL
Power:130HP
Rpm:3500
Unit:4
Please send me the spec of the engine avaliable!
Thank you

" For the 2002 hard starting p

" For the 2002 hard starting problem. They have a black T handle or a button to push to shut down the engine. It says in the manual to put the throttle to 3/4 full and pull out the handle all the way and then push it back in before starting in cool or cold weather. Mine won't start in cold weather unless I do this first, but when I follow this procedure, starts right up.
Steve "

I recently purchased my boat

I recently purchased my boat with a volvo 2003 engine fitted.The previous owner told me about this starting issue and to pull out and push in the shut down handle I do it and the engine fires ok.
The problem I have is that I cannot find any documentation on this engine whatsoever anywhere.
Can any body help me with a user manual or workshop manual please

K.

" Hi,
let me know if you cam

" Hi,
let me know if you came up with an ops or workshop manual, I may have one or one to photocopy.. Ron "

Hello!
Where can I get pats

Hello!
Where can I get pats for my Volvo Penta AD31 engine??

"Just need the Volvo 2003 dies

"Just need the Volvo 2003 diesel "Motor mount Dim.s and angle" from the Manual! Does anyone have that Info.? Thanks
Jon Leyden
[email protected]"

Has anyone plumbed in a raw wa

Has anyone plumbed in a raw water strainer for the 2002? Am I doomed for problems to leave it alone?

Back