Logo

20 or 25 hp

scottbeef

I have 96 25 hp evinrude right

I have 96 25 hp evinrude right now.It is borderline big enough for my little fishing boat. But 25 hp is the biggest I can go becuse of limits on the lakes I go on. A dealer in my area has a 20 HP Tohatsu remote on sale. My question is will that compare to an old 25 hp or is it more like a 15 hp. The reason I ask is becuse on the older ones a 20 hp evinrude was basically the same as a 35 evinrude. even though the 35 had almost double the hp. And I am not sure if there is any dealers in Minnesota that I could buy a 25 from. As it doesn't look like they will sell them without installing them. I have rigged a couple boats and just dont see that it is all that complex? Any advise is appreciated Thanks

"Your 25 is a true 25. The Toh

"Your 25 is a true 25. The Tohatsu is a true 20. Tohatsu requires that a dealer do the installation for marketing reasons, not because it's complex. Basically that allows a local dealer to charge what they like and not have to be concerned with price competition. For what its worth, the Tohatsu 20 outperforms both the Yamaha and Honda on hole shot and top end speed on the same boat."

My delema is I can not find an

My delema is I can not find any dealers within 100 miles of me that carries them? What is a guy to do then? I have pretty much made up my mind that I need the 25 or even the 30. I just can't find one.

There are 4 dealers within 24

There are 4 dealers within 24 miles of you. Try

Company Forest Lake Motor Sports
Address 15219 Feller Street
Forest Lake MN 55025
Phone 651-464-3135
Fax 651-464-8713
Distance Approx. 12 Miles

Thanks I had a duh moment. I d

Thanks I had a duh moment. I did see them listed on the Tohatsu website. But when I went to the Forest lake web site they did not list anything higher than a 15hp. Never thought hey maybe they can order one in.

Back