Logo

Tohatsu M40C inlet manifold

gdwamsley

"I have the service manual on

"I have the service manual on order but wondered if anyone knows the proper torque for the bolts from the inlet manifold to the crankcase.

Also, any thoughts on using red high temp permatex gasket maker for this application. The original paper gaskets were beat and the surface of the plate appears to have some light corrosion. I am not sure if new paper gaskets will seal this properly so that is why I'm thinking the permatex. Also no waiting for parts."

OK so new gaskets are cheap no

OK so new gaskets are cheap no problem there. So then do I understand correctly that I should put a light coat of permatex in conjunction with the new gaskets? I have never done this together always one or the other in automotive applications.

Also looking at the permatex website I think the black compund would be most appropriate as it references intake manifolds.

If you have another way to go anout it let me know.

"I've never used it so I c

"I've never used it so I can't say one way or another. You want to use something that is runny rather than gelatinous. The consistency of a light pancake syrup. Crap, now I'm hungry
"

Back