Logo

99 Suzuki DT 200 EFI cuts out intermitantly

scoutman

"Past: Prior to my deployment

"Past: Prior to my deployment overseas, I mothballed my boat by filling the tanks, adding stabilizer, fogging cylinders, etc. Little did I know @ the time that I would be gone for 3 years. Boat ran flawlessly when I put it away.

Present: Drained tanks, filled with fresh fuel, replaced water/fuel seperator, cleaned fuel filter, new plugs(correctly gapped), replaced fuel line and primer bulb.

Scenario: Motor starts/idles fine. Under acceleration it cuts out @ 3000 rpm, ocassionally 4200 rpm. After I back out of the throttle, it picks up and runs again. Sometimes it runs great and will hold 5500 rpm with no hiccups. All of these symptoms are under load and it revs out fine in nuetral. It acts like a fuel issue, as all of the plugs look good (no fouling) At this point I am thinking fuel pumps, but I don't want to start replacing parts unneccarily as funds are tight and any extra money is going to get caught up on bills. Thanks in advance for any advice."

Bump.

Ordered 2 fuel pump

Bump.

Ordered 2 fuel pump rebuild kits from Brownspoint as that was the next least expensive idea I had. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Sounds like a dirty VST filter or clogged injectors. Did you check the fuel pressure at the rail? I would clean the VST filter, get your fuel injectors reconditioned, and change all of your fuel filters. If you need someone to recondition your injectors, we do it for $20/injector, which includes before and after test data (we test for flow, spray pattern, and leakage) we also replace the filter baskets. Let me know if we can help.

Back