Logo

DT140 L to XL Lower Unit Swap

marion_moore

Contributing Member
"Can a 20” DT115/140 lower uni

"Can a 20” DT115/140 lower unit be converted to a 25” for a long shaft engine? I’m trying to help the guy I sold the L shaft to get it converted if possible.

I sold a 20” DT115/140 LU that I purchased used several years ago. I think the 20” LU came off of an early DT engine because it had the plastic water pump housing. The buyer didn’t know he needed a XL shaft. I suggested he get his mechanic to swap out the drive shaft based on looking at the parts break down given the case is the same part number for L and XL and the shaft is the only thing different. His DT140 is a ’94 which apparently needs a couple of different parts. His mechanic says it can’t be done. I suggested his mechanic borrow the shaft, spring, and other parts from the damaged unit but I don’t know exactly what is wrong with the old XL lower unit.

I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone had gone through this before. I'm also trying to find a XL lower unit."

it can be done no prob

can

it can be done no prob

can I get the 20 inch items I need to take out the 5 inch space in mine i would trade parts he should need a spacer 25 inch drive shaft and a new shift rod

i need the short drive shaft and shift rod

Is part # 35 the spacer? It i

Is part # 35 the spacer? It is not pictured. I don't have the full picture because I have never seen an XL. He is in GA and I am in SC. I'm just trying to help him out. He has the old XL shaft and maybe spacer from his broken XL unit. I can ask him if he will send you the 20" shaft and if it is ok for me to give you his contact information.

I am not sure its nor my web s

I am not sure its nor my web site my web site dosen't support Suzuki strongly but it would be great fine for you to give him my info

"Cliff, give me a shout. The

"Cliff, give me a shout. The 20" drive shaft is avalible. I'm not sure about the shift rod but he should have that too. The change over from 20" to 25" was successful."

Back