Logo

2000 Yamaha 200hp 2stroke loss of power

warrenpowell

"Engine drops speed when hitti

"Engine drops speed when hitting boat wakes then regains and keeps going. I am thinking it could be a fuel issue. Does not cut off, just feels like I pulled back on the throttle."

"just had the exact same probl

"just had the exact same problem on my o1 225 vmax, take the vst tank off the motor, take it apart and clean the filter inside fixed mine"

I do not think this engine has

I do not think this engine has a Vapor Seperator or at least I can not locate it. The engine is a OX66 Fuel Injected Saltwater Series II. Let me know where to look.

"take off the hood obviously,

"take off the hood obviously, then looking at the front of the engine, on the right hand side behind the airbox is a big sivlver tank, that is the vapor seperator. take it off and apart you will see the screen on the bottom of the pump"

"Got it, cleaned it and back t

"Got it, cleaned it and back to running smoothly again. The screen was pretty filthy, so no more problems for now. I was a little intimidated at first taking this thing apart, but fairly straight forward. Had some issues with the o ring seal staying in, but put it in the freezer for a few minutes and solved the problem. I appreciate the assistance!!"

HELLO

IS THE SAME BOX

HELLO

IS THE SAME BOX ON A 87 YAMAHA 150 PRO-V 2 STROKE I AM HAVEING A TIME IT RUNS FOR ONE OR MORE THEN STALLS OUT IT SONDS LIKE IT IS RUNING OUT OF FULE WHEN THIS TAKES PLACE.I PULL THE CHOCK BACK OUT IT STARTS SPITS GAS STALL OUT.NEED HELP

THANK YOU

I would say the float levels a

I would say the float levels are too low and when the boat hits a wake the floats are bouncing and shutting off the fuel flow

"I have twin yamaha 200 hp 2 s

"I have twin yamaha 200 hp 2 strokes. I ran both for about 30 mins, the left engine oil indicator brinked and a beeping sound came on. The engine power dropped from 40 to about 7-8. The 2 gal oil tank is still three quaters filled. The oil tank in the engine was at the LOW indicator. I filled it. started the motor but the problem persisted."

"He Jim, Thanks for asking. Th

"He Jim, Thanks for asking. The problem went away for now. The first problem was .... the oil was not pumping properly from the large tanks to the smaller tanks in the engine. So I have to check them occasionally. Second, The oil level sensors are very sensitive so I can not fill the reserve oil tanks beyond the mark indicating "FULL". When the warning signal comes on, the engine powers down to prevent damage. I continue to monitor it."

hi, my suggestion is check the oil pump, is it working or not. check the oil level sensor, is there any blockage and check the oil tank vent as well.

Back