Logo

Joe 1990 Force 90 1994 Evinrude 88 Comparison

D

Donald Parker

I have a 1990 18Ft bayliner c

I have a 1990 18Ft bayliner capri bowrider with a 90 horse Force motor that has a dead top cylinder. The marina has a rebuilt 1994 Evenrude 88 Horse E88TSLER motor for sale for $2400. Is this a dependable outboard and will it bolt up on the Bayliner with trim & tilt? Also will this give me more power than the 90 horse Force? Thanks!

"Donald.... I'm not at all

"Donald.... I'm not at all familiar with the force engines, so I really can't give a comparrison statement between the two engines involved. However, there's only two (2) horsepower difference between the two, and I seriously doubt if that smalll amount of power would be noticed one way or the other.

Pertaining to the 88hp engine being dependable, reliable, etc...... I've always found them to be at the top of the class, so to speak. However out of the thousands that were built, there are bound to be some that aren't as they should be. The 1994 88hp Evinrude that you speak of can only be as good as the workmanship of the mechanic that rebulit it..... a judgement call that you'll have to make. Be sure to get a written warranty. I wish you luck.

Joe
"

" I just purchased A 1990 Bayl

" I just purchased A 1990 Bayliner with A 90 Hp Force outboard motor.When starting the motor at my home with the garden hose connected to the bottom of the motor as to supply water to the motor,I am not getting any water coming through the exaust or center of the propeller.Is this normal?The motor seems to be running very well,but this is making me very nervous.As with my 1984 Bayliner and my 1982 Glastron I definitley had water coming through the center of the propeller.I noticed this motor has an exaust hole above the propeller but no liquid is coming through.Is it possible that something is clogged?Does the motor have to be engaged for water to flow?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks "

Back