Logo

MW Sea King 2hp Clinton k200 couple bs

lr3guyjoe

A friend at work gave me a 2hp

A friend at work gave me a 2hp sea king today. I plan to put it on my hobie cat for when winds die or for launching from boat ramps. I got it running tonight. The spark was weak so I cleaned the points and adjusted them and fitted a new generic condesor and new spark plug. It fired right up. It was running only with full choke so I pulled the carb and cleaned it all up. Now it runs a little better.

So for my questions. On the fuel tank it says mix 1/2 pint 30 weight to 1 gallon of gas. Is this what I should stick to or can I use a modern 2 cycle engine oil? and if so is it same ratio or can I go a bit leaner?

It has a walbro carb on it. There are 2 adjusmet screws one on the bottom of the float and one on the carb body. Im guessing the bottom is the mixture and the one on the body is a fast idle mixture?
Is there a good starting point some one can recommend?

I know its direct drive but is there any way to lube the bottom end?

Thanks in advanced

"Depending on the model, you m

"Depending on the model, you may have a water pump. But since it's main coolant is air, you need to run chainsaw oil. 24/1 would be a safe bet as it probably has bushing rather than rollers for main bearings. If it has rollers you could go to 32/1. I used to pre-mix some fuel and put it in an empty plastic oil can. Carried just enough spare to get me home If I got to far out. And would empty the built in tank into one as they never held their fuel for long.

I would start with 3/4 turn on the top jet and 1/2 on the bottom. Put in a bucket of water (for load and to see if you have a pump, or maybe a bent tube pointing at the prop, or some cast iron models had no pump.)

Start it on choke and slowly open the choke and see if it wants to die- then dial in more fuel from that jet. Get it to idle and adjust the idle stop on top.

Now slowly open the throttle and -hand on the bottom jet, increase the fuel as it wants to die.

Now go back and do the idle jet again. These two jets work together and the more you screw the one changes the requirements of the other.

The skeg is held on by 4 screws and the lower runs in white grease. I used to get water proof from the marina and just squish it in there. The seals never worked. Get a johnson small engine shear pin. Do not run a cut nail."

Back