Logo

90hp force ground wire

bowhunter1

"i have a 90hp force. not sure

"i have a 90hp force. not sure of the year early 90's. replaced the upper piston and ring. got the motor all together except not sure were one of the ground wires went. took a guess. had to start the motor with a battery charger, got it running but the battery connections at the battery were hot and slightly smoking. just wanted to find out whats wrong hope somebody can tell me, or were the ground might go. thanks."

"Something there is backward.

"Something there is backward. Just not the ignition as they instantly destruct if wired with wrong polarity. If I did it, would blame it on my glasses, Start disconnecting stuff like the charger circut and kill switch stuff till it works. Then again I've had those smoke just from pulling a high draw like the starter, and once tightend up terminals and burt off the grease, they worked just fine."

thanks william g moore jr. fig

thanks william g moore jr. figured out had ground wire in right spot just had to clean battery terminals real good then it started right up. although new problem. its stuck in foreward gear. had the lower unit off to replace water pump. but now its stuck in gear not sure how to get it in neutral. tried some stuff other ppeople suggested but didnt work.

"The shift coupler is the adju

"The shift coupler is the adjustment for the shift rod. If it is not adjusted in far enough, it will hold the unit in forward gear."

"try to get it into nuetral by

"try to get it into nuetral by moving the shift rod where it turns into the lower unit. Take out the pin, move rod up and down till in nuetral. Mark spot with magic marker. Then pull up till it engages forward gear, mark spot. Then go down to engage reverse, mark again. The distance between nuetral, forward and reverse should measure the same distance."

Back