Logo

Overheating

kbowman

"How to know if your outboard

"How to know if your outboard is overheating? I have a 40 hp tracker force power serice, its not got the pee hole like my evinrude so where should the water come out at?"

"Force engines spatter cooling

"Force engines spatter cooling water from the exhaust port, after the thermostat opens at aprox. 160 deg. However this discussion forum, has numerous threads on how to install a pee pipe on a Force engine that works great. Then there is no question if the engine is cooling."

"well.... that isn't exac

"well.... that isn't exactly true. there is no question that water is going through the motor, but it may still have a cooling problem. worn impeller giving weak water flow or crud in the water line, inside motor etc. it probably has an over heat sensor, which is like an idiot light on a car.... if it doee go off it will be when the motor is way over heated. just like in a car, a gauge is better than a light (or alarm in this case) you can get after market temp gauges with sending units for a lot less than just the sending unit for the alarm. just mount the sending unit at the top of the head close to the t-stat and remember that it is measuring cyl head temp not water temp and that will be a little hotter than the water temp. mine runs at about 160"

"Hi, I'm recently bought a

"Hi, I'm recently bought a 1991 Bayliner with 90Hp Force, everything is fine but when the engine is running max rpm after few minutes some alarm coming on, I need to know why this happen?"

"THE only alarm that i am awar

"THE only alarm that i am aware of is the over heating alarm. how long has it been since you changed the impeller on the water pump? it could be time to replace it. more than likely it is the T-stat. i am familiar with the 50 hp force motors and on those it is at the top of the motor, you will see a water line going into it. it may be stuck or have some crud in it so it can't open all the way. pull it out and look at it and see if it looks clean, take it in the house and put it in a pan of water and get it hot, if it doesn't open then replace it, if it does open check the impeller in the water pump, flush the cooling system out as best you can, sometime you can get crud in that too. check back and let us know if that was it or not, okay."

Back