Logo

93 or 94 tohatsu 15hp 2strk longshaft lowerunit

ofishall1

"hi i just bought a 92 or 3 to

"hi i just bought a 92 or 3 tohatsu 15hp longshaft electric start with manual tilt as a kicker for my boat , well i took it to my mechanic and he says to sell it becouse you cant get parts and that they are throw away motors and he wont work on them but he did change the plugs and ran it , he says it runs great but the lower end is toast becouse of sailt corosion, now it runs and shifts awsome should i sell it or find a lower unit for it , i cleaned the lower end but it is chewed up on one bolt and the top screw to change the oil for the lower end is in there tight and im affraid if i take it out i might brake something then im done, so can anyone give me advise on this motor , is it worth finding a lower unit , i paid 800. now i dont know the exact year but acording to the stickers on the top its a 92 thourgh a 2000, I NEED HELP can someone give me some advise on this i sure could use it, i like the motor its what i need and it runs great it came off of a sail boat i even think its an extra long shaft can someone tell me where to measure to check this and what are the leangths they made i can only find a number on the engine 1tho-011 if i remember right, please any help and where i might find a lower unit without getting ripped off, thxs for all and any help.. tom in washington state next to the Columbia river"

What is the model number of th

What is the model number of the engine? What is your zip code? And you measure fron the cavitation plate to the inside top of the motor clamp. Parts are available from any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer.

it is a 15hp 2 strk other than

it is a 15hp 2 strk other than that this is all i know there are NO TAGS anyware on the case the only numbers i can find are on the block 1THO-011 ill double check that # and like i said befor im assumeing its a 92 and up do to the cover graphics on the hood and im in 98632 Longview wash im 30 miles from Portland Oregone and 25 miles from Vancouver wash id love to find a good used lower unit if i could so if anyone has one for a longshaft that would be great and will one off of a nissan work if i can find one??

"yes a nissan one will work. e

"yes a nissan one will work. exactly the same motor. And I would really question the competence of your mechanic. Throw-away motors? The one you have is 17+ years old. Not exactly "throw away". And there are TONS of these motors around that are much, much older. Tohatsu motors are pretty much bullet proof and with a little maintenance they will outlive both of us (and your "mechanic")
lame.gif
"

The dealer in Portland would b

The dealer in Portland would be a good place to visit with your engine. They can determine which model you have and may have a lead on a used lower unit. The key to parts is knowing your model number as that determines what fits and what does not fit.

Back