Logo

Props

wmlaks

Regular Contributor
a couple of months ago I ran a

a couple of months ago I ran across a dicussion on this forum about props during this dicussion someone posted a link to a wedsite that offered four blade composite props that gave the same top end performance as a three blade. I have searched through the posts and I am unable to find it again. Does anyone know what the website is or where to get a nonexpensive four blade prop thanks. Michael

"I wouldn't recommend a co

"I wouldn't recommend a composite prop for everyday running, only for an emergency. They are designed to break easily when striking objects, plus I bet they have quite a bit of flex which will affect performance.
Solas makes an aluminum 4 blade called Amita 4. They are good props and not too pricey. Should be pretty easy to find."

bass pro and cabella's bot

bass pro and cabella's both carry the comprop. it's what i use and i think they work great. mine was 95.00 US for a 13.5X15.

"Compare to $103.99 for the Am

"Compare to $103.99 for the Amita 4..........
wink.gif

Your call."

Mr. Wright where is a good pla

Mr. Wright where is a good place to buy the amita 4? I have the gear case with the 13 spline shaft. I currently have a 3 blade alum. 13 3/4 X 15 prop on the boat and I am wanting to get a better takeoff and keep a top speed of 35 mph or better. I do not know what the max rpm's I am turning yet do to some tech. difficulties I have had the only two times i have taken it to the lake. hope to have that info this weekend

"and then there's the Pira

"and then there's the Piranha Propellers they do 3 and 4 blade I've used both and a few of my friends and customers have to, about $120-150 but has a lifetime warranty on the hub and the blades can be returned and swapped if undamaged..

http://piranhapropellers.com/"

"Micheal..I emailed you a link

"Micheal..I emailed you a link. Had a little problem linking from here.
blush.gif
Cant find any props here at MarEng."

Thank you for the links. I hav

Thank you for the links. I have looked at the three different props. I as still unsure about with one to get. Is there anywhere on the net that gives the perforance caratisitics of different diamater props. The compprop is only 1/4 of an inch smaller and the amita is 3/4 of an inch smaller. Do I need to go to a smaller diamater prop since I will be going from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop? I like that the aluim. prop is not much more expensive and more durable I just don't know about that much of a decrease in diameter. Thanks to everyone again. Michael

"took the boat out sundayand w

"took the boat out sundayand was finally able to get some performance numbers. I had about 700 pounds of gear and passengers up on plane with the drive trimed i was able to turn 4700 rpm's. I do not know how fast I was going but the boat was moving along pretty quickly. will the 4 blade 13 1/2 X 15 prop give a simular top end and a better hole shot than the 13 3/4 X 15 3 blade prop i am running know. The max rpm's for this boat are suppose to be 5600 rpm's if I switch to a 14X11 three blade it should achieve max rpm's but I am unsure what the handleing charastics, top end and hole shot would be like. then there is a 13 X 15 4 blade prop any ideals of how the smaller diam. prop would affect the boat? thanks to everyone that is helping me try to figure out which way to go with a new prop. Michael"

Back