Logo

Tamd 41a engine wont stop

valonia

"Hi, I have a Fairline cornich

"Hi, I have a Fairline corniche 1988 fitted twin tam d 41 a 200 hp engines. Intermittently the starboard engine will not stop when I return the key to the stop position. If I go to the other helm position & try that key it still fails to stop. Sometimes if I leave the key in the stop position it will eventually stop but increasingly I have to stop the engine manually at the pump. I am assuming there is a solenoid control on the pump & am also assuming that it will be relay fed? Does anyone know where the relay is & has any one experienced a similar problem . Sometimes it works fine but always fails just when you really need it to stop !The Fairline wiring diagram or the engine manual does not cover the stop mechanism wiring so I am attempting to faultfind an intermittent fault "blind"! Any help appreciated."

Stop solenoid is on top of pum

Stop solenoid is on top of pump above injector distribution pipes. Has purple wire attached.It is not relay fed. Comes all the way from key switch. Solenoid is expensive so check all wiring and grounds first.

Back