Logo

Susuki and Ethanol Problems Would like Imput

frisbel

First I would like to say that

First I would like to say that the dealer who sold me my boat and motor did not mention the problem of Ethanol and the DF90 Fuel pumps. Also there is nothing in my manual that tells me I have to use this boat every week to avoid a build up from the Ethanol which results in having to replace the fuel pump. I have spoke with 4 different Susuki dealers and the only advice they have is that you have to use the boat every week. I am wondering what other owners of the Susuki DF90 engine are doing to prevent this problem. My engine has 20 hours on it. The dealer which is repairing my boat told me that he has changed 12 fuel pumps this month. I talked with Susuki in California and they told me that they have no suggestions on how to avoid or correct the problem and they know of no additive which will work.

Thanks

"Sorry to hear that. I have b

"Sorry to hear that. I have been adding Stabil and most recently Stabil's Ethanol additive to my 19 gal tank. I have an 04 DF 50, so far...knock on wood I have had no problems. I don't run my boat that much anymore but about once a week I will take it out of the garage and run it for about 10 min, I just don't like it to sit long! I know Sentry fuel additive was mentioned earlier but I am wondering why Suzuki is saying no additive will work...why? Did you flip the bill for the repairs? Also it may be worth it to test the Ethanol % in your gas ASAP! Testing was mentioned in an earlier. article"

read the ethanol link I posted

read the ethanol link I posted. You can thank our goverment for that crap they are selling us!!

Back