Logo

Suzuki 225 4 stroke 2004 3 and then one chk engine light help

lyndon

Trouble with 225 2004 4-stroke

Trouble with 225 2004 4-stroke Suzuki...not starting in Neautral. I get a check engine flash 3 lights then one...what does this mean...? I can start it with the throttle way up and have it run slow but the check engine light screams then when I put it in neautral to kick it back into gear it turns off...also I noticed I was low on oil and added some more...do I need to re-set the computer? does the codes mean something else...any help would be GREATLY appredciated...we are on vacation in panhandle of FL...! My 10 year old boy and 15 year old daughter ({who still loves to fish) are waiting on dad to fix the boat so we can catch some Cobia! THANKS in advance!

"2004 Suzuki DF 140 check engi

"2004 Suzuki DF 140 check engine light flashing code 23? (flashes 2 times pauses and then 3 flashes and restarts 2/3) Last time it was run it got hot and overrevved, so I idled it back in and replaced the water pump. It starts and runs fine on the hose, but I don't have a manual to determine the code/s or how to clear it."

"I am not really able to give

"I am not really able to give help you need, but if you cannot locate a dealer where you are you might try this;

www.justanswer.com/boat/outboard

I was trying to find an answer for you but found this site. Don't know how good they are, and they do charge but it might be of some help."

Back