Logo

2003 50HP TLDI ROUGH RUNNINGWARNING LIGHTS

mks429

"When I am running all 3 of my

"When I am running all 3 of my warning lights are flashing on and off , I have checked impeller ,new spark plugs ,gas filter ,oil filter,new battery, and the motor runs smooth the rough the lack of power the most rpm i can get out of it is about 3800 while in gear. help"

The tach flashes in a specific

The tach flashes in a specific sequence as part of the onboard diagnostic computer. You will need a service manual to determine what the flashing lights mean....Chances are you have a voltage problem by putting in too small of a battery which would have caused the TPS sensor to fluctuate. If that's the case you will need to re-set the sensor. That procedure can be found in the service manual as well.

Well I re-set senor . The lig

Well I re-set senor . The lights are still on and runs better but still not right. I gained about 300 more R.P.M . About the only thing I haven't replace now is the fuel ball but I didn't think that would have anything to do with my warning lights. They flash first the stay solid then start flashing again.

"Ok .I think if you are a Toha

"Ok .I think if you are a Tohatsu Guru ,you could tell and help Michael on what the flashing codes mean."

"Ok.Tohatsu Guru.As you know i

"Ok.Tohatsu Guru.As you know in some regions the TOhatsu after sales service is very bad or they dont even have service.
If somebody has the serice manual like you have ,it´s simple just to send the 28 flashing codes for troubleshooting.
If Michael wants to use them by is own risk it will help.Or maybe he just sees waht is happennig to his motor with those codes and take the motor to service agent."

"Michael :See you battery volt

"Michael :See you battery voltage .And see if all cable are ok.Also reset the ECU and TPM.
For reseting it you can do :
1) set the key switch to the on position, disconnect the stop lock switch within one second after the beep stops sounding
2) wait about 5-10 seconds, pull the red knob on the stop switch for about 0.5 seconds, then release the switch.
3) wait another 5 to 10 seconds, again pull the red knob on the stop switch, then release the switch.
4)The sounding of 3 short beeps about five seconds after the knob is released indicates a successful reset of the ECU and TPS, if no beep sounds start over.
Also change your spark plugs."

"If you HAD a manual you would

"If you HAD a manual you would know that there is not 28 codes....There are 23 pages of codes and instructions on what they mean in the manual. Ignorance is going to cost you a fortune if you have limited knowledge. What ever country you may be in should have a source for the manual. Be smart and get one before you spend money going down the wrong path in diagnosing and repairing your engine.

Furthermore, you should never presume to know what is easy for someone to do or not do. The material in the manual is copyrighted and it would be a violation of U.S. Federal Law for me to publish or transmit it. I'm not an anonymous poster who can get away with hiding my true identity so I am limited as to what information I can provide in a public forum.

On a side note. You do realize this thread is 6 months old?"

Back