Logo

327 F water in oil

dcbullington

Contributing Member
"Just re-built both engines &#

"Just re-built both engines (1968 327F's) and the starboard engine is getting water in the oil. Took it out and tore it down, no visible (including magnaflux) indication of cracks in the heads or block. Ran the engine on the test stand and got no water. Re-installed engine and getting water again so I believe the risers are being defeated somehow. If I can't figure out a way to correct this, I've thought about putting in a closed loop cooling set up. Does anyone know where to get the components for this. I am hoping to find a "kit". Also, the port engine does not have this problem and is set up exactly the same as the starboard.

Also, any suggestions as to why/how water is getting in there?

Dave"

Dave!
Risers I don't beli

Dave!
Risers I don't believe would cause water in the oil they would cause you to get water in the cylinders. and deadlock the eng. but maybe your engine oil cooler is leaking and causing the water in the oil. Also do you have the right intake manifold gaskets. Chris and Owens used to block off one end the intake manifolds. I would make sure you have the proper intake gaskets and also the engine oil cooler. have it pressure tested.
Fred

Back