Logo

Tohatsu breakin

jetstreamer1961

"Hi and thanx for the very inf

"Hi and thanx for the very informative web board..I went to start my 6hp tohatsu for the very first time in hopes of a proper break-in schedule..I inadvertantly had the throttle at wide open instead of idle possition..Now I had the choke all the way out and when it started it just sort of went into a high idle. I could'nt figure out what was wrong initially so i kept the choke out to keep it revving any higher..This only went on for a minute until it finally dawned on me what was going on...and quickly reduced to idle and let it run for ten minutes...The engine really never revved any higher than about a fast idle but me being the worry wart That I am, wonder if this was not good for the break-in...I know this was really a bonehead thing to do..Go easy on me! Thanx for any input.."

"No harm done at all. The engi

"No harm done at all. The engine has a rev limiter that keeps small children and the mentally handicapped from blowing it up...Just kidding. You learn by mistakes. You will not do it again and on the scale of "Stupid Things That People Do With Outboards" its a 1 out of ten, not something to be embarrassed about."

Back