Logo

Carb spring placment

shan

"Hello im in need of a good pi

"Hello im in need of a good picture of the spring that goie around the float rod, sombody rebuilt the carbs but didnt hook up the springs right and i need to fix it thank you

1985 force 85hp
mod # 856X5L"

"well im glad i wasted my time

"well im glad i wasted my time comming here
"

"well the (probable) r

"well the (probable) reason no one has got back to you is with three replies showing they probably thought you got your answer. i am assuming that you are refering to the float support spring. fortunitley not all of these carbs have those, they are a pain in the butt, and my manual which is a real p.o.s. has two pics of it and they would only make it more confusing... and of course it just says to look at the picture with out any explaination what so ever. i am sure the author has no clue himself. the springs ends are bent parallel to the spring, one long and one short, and go in the same direction, the long end goes behind the wide tab on the float and the small one goes behind the ear on the float for the float pin. best description i can give looking at the pic. be aware i am a professional fun haver, not a mechanic. you should have a manual for that motor if you are going to do anything to it, even change the spark plugs. think about it, would you want to be operated on by someone who has never even read a single medical book? the books are bad enough, whatever it doesn't explain clearly, ask the expert. good luck"

Back