Logo

KAD43PA Power Trim problem

oslo

"I am not able to raise my ste

"I am not able to raise my stern drive, only lower it.
On my instrument, my LED7 (+40) is blinking, indicating my drive is in the upper position, but is is almost in the lowest position.
The boat is out of the water, so I have access to the stern drive. Could it be a sensor problem ?
Where do I find the sensor ?"

Sensor is on top (inside&#

Sensor is on top (inside) of steering fork. Also check that trim gear and trim rack on steering helmte are in place. Usually the plastic rack breaks off.

"I have gotten a new senor an

"I have gotten a new senor an plugged it in to the cable instead of the sensor that is fitted in the stern drive. Adjusted the sensor so the white marks aligned. That gave me a reading of -6 on the instrument. If I then turn the shaft on the sensor clockwise 180 degrees the instrument shows 30 in shore position. But if I turn the shaft slightly anticlockwise from the white point, the instrument displays -9 and then the numbers start to count up until the 40 position starts blinking. I then thought it was the instrument, so I returned the sensor and got a new instrument. But that behaves exactly like the old one. Could it be that I have to change both the sensor and the instrument ?"

Back