Logo

Black soot coming from exhaust

W

wayne jones

"i have a 454 crusader that ha

"i have a 454 crusader that has black soot coming from exhaust pipe and the plugs are solid black and the engine has no temp problems also nas no compresion problem. i have replace carb & plugs ,wires , rotary button & cap. thanks wayne"

Does the engine perform proper

Does the engine perform properly and how is the quality of the fuel you are using?

It sounds to me like your engi

It sounds to me like your engine is running to rich. I would look at the chock adjustment first then adjust the rich mixture on the carburetor. If you’re not sure how to do this I would seek a professional mechanic you can make things worst if you don’t know how to do.

Mike….

"I have the same issue with my

"I have the same issue with my 5.7L crusaders. They have been spewing soot. They have approximately 80 hours on them. No issues on temperature. Have changed the oil for the fourth time, because I'm concerned about bearing/cylinder wash. Anybody else have these issues? These are the multi-port injected engines, so there should be any choke/carb issues."

"I'm also having this issu

"I'm also having this issue with my 350 XLi crusaders.I've changed the plugs, oil and filter and tested the compression. The engine runs great doesn't burn oil but continues to spill out soot. Any ideas???"

Back