Logo

My first PCM Need advice

romans116

"Greetings--Just bought my fir

"Greetings--Just bought my first inboard w/PCM 351. 1987 Dixie Super Skier. Are there any benefits to replacing ignition with solid state componets? It still has points/condensor style? Can I use automotive parts on it (fuel pump, starter, hoses, etc) or do I need to stay with marine stamped parts. I want to replace some hoses and think the fuel pump is acting up. It will die like loss of fuel at high rpm's after about 20 to 30 seconds of 4500 or higher rpm's. Thanks for advice."

". Are there any benefits to r

". Are there any benefits to replacing ignition with solid state componets? It still has points/condensor style?

Yes. Everyone I've heard from who went to Petronix setups are pleased.

Can I use automotive parts on it (fuel pump, starter, hoses, etc) or do I need to stay with marine stamped parts.

NO! The maine parts are safer and, if you get a USCG inspection, legal.

I want to replace some hoses ..

Good idea.

..and think the fuel pump is acting up. It will die like loss of fuel at high rpm's after about 20 to 30 seconds of 4500 or higher rpm's.

Might be (and be sure to use a MARINE pump here especially. If mechanical, it should have THREE hoses on it.)

Your fuel starvation problem could also be ater in the fuel, plugged filters (or it might be igintion problems). You'll have to narrow it down some.

Jeff"

"Hello All,

I have a 1993 P

"Hello All,

I have a 1993 PCM 351 (285 horse) in a Ski Brendella. Can someone tell me what type of transmission fluid I should use? I'm guessing type F but I don't want to be wrong!

TIA"

Back