Logo

11 year old engine

Why do you want to do this? Ha

Why do you want to do this? Have you ever heard of it being done before?

I do not think that is a very

I do not think that is a very good idea.

Muriatic acid eats aluminium.

Using muriatic acid is how aluminium that is transfered to a cylinder from a piston is removed.

"I m do this because - I would

"I m do this because - I would like to add a FWC system - but I understand that after 120 hours the rust and carbon is so strong on the engine that it must be cleaned off, or the anti-freez will mix with the rust and carbon and at hight temps will form a jell-o that will blow the block"

"bad plan.

Perhaps a standa

"bad plan.

Perhaps a standard radiator flush detergent. I would have no problem flushing thoroughly with water and simply converting. Not sure about the reality of that Jell-O theory, but if you change coolent with any degree of frequency, you'll stay out of trouble."

"I just went to closed cooling

"I just went to closed cooling on my 86 Four Winns 27' and Prestone Radiator Cleaner from the parts store worked great.
26586.jpg
Jenni II

"Brian, You do realize that t

"Brian, You do realize that the price of an aftermarket FWC kit is nearly the same price as a new longblock motor. In addition, I have never heard (I am not an expert, by any means) anyone in the know recommend the change over on an 11 year old motor.

BTW, My 4.3LX Mercruiser is 18 years old, and is always kept in salt water and never flushed during the season. it has a bunch of hours on it, but no water jacket block corrosion issues."

"The product you need is calle

"The product you need is called Rydlyme, it is fantastic. I clean my 7.4l raw water Mercruisers once a year with it. You have to circulate it for 24hrs to work best. If your engines have never been done don't put too much in to start they will fizz up like a can of coke.

Rgds Nick"

Back