Logo

4107 amp oil pressure problem

michal

"Hi,

My 4107 (~1700hou

"Hi,

My 4107 (~1700hours) seems to have worrysome oil preasure behavour. First, after starting, it takes several seconds for the oil to go above 10PSI (and the alarm to stop buzzing), then it it will climb fine to 20-30PSI at idle. At normal oprating rpm (~2000), with heated engine it hangs around 40PSI. The 4108 manual states 34PSI so this is not bad. However, the preassure goes immitietly to 0 after shutting the engine of and the alarm will buzz almost immidietly. Also, if not filled above the max on the oil dipstick, the preasure can fluctuate and sometimes drops to <10PSI when idling, quite randomly (I can observe the gauge to go down and up in a random manner, like the oil pump is sucking in air). The engine is mounted on a slant of about 15deg (front up). And yes the rear seal leaks but I do not need to refill the oil often (say every 20-30hours or so with a pint - that is perhaps once or twice a year). Cooking tray under the pan keeps it out of the bildge. Otherwise the engine is working just fine.

If this start/stop behavour of the oil preassure a normal thing?

Thanks,
Michal"

Back