Logo

1976 Merc 888 302 Ford V8 stubbles at WOT

ezirider

Contributing Member
I put a edelbrock Hi rise mani

I put a edelbrock Hi rise maniflow and edelbrock 4 bbl carb on my boat and a Accel electronic distibutor manual advance. when I get it to about 4100 RPM's is will stumble some and even ever now and then backfire.. I checked the timing with a light says 10 Deg BTDC and fully advanced at 2200 RPM's it idles great and runs smooth up to 4100RPM's should I be getting more RPM's put a 14 x 20P 4blade quicksilver prop on it and it runs about 45 is a Marquis 19FT

"Jack,
It could be that the n

"Jack,
It could be that the new carb doesn't have large enough main jets.

If you are sure you have no vacuum leaks try main jets one size larger and see if it helps any.

If the engine runs any better increase the size of the jets until the engine runs as it should.

Good luck."

this is a marine carb and does

this is a marine carb and does not have any vacum ports..if that makes a differents
if you think it needs bigger jets I will try that
thanks

yes I do have a fuel filter be

yes I do have a fuel filter before the pump but its a new one the great big mercruiser type

Hey can someone tell me if the

Hey can someone tell me if they think the big Mercruiser Fuel filter might be causeing the problem.. like maybe cutting down on fuel preassure too much. if so I might cut it out and put a regular edelbrock filter on it.. it says at wot it has to have at least 2 psi.. and 6 psi regular.. the Holley Electic says it puts out 7 psi from the factory and the edelbrock carb says it does not need a regulator...come on guys give me some ideas

Back