Logo

Alarm on 1985 DT115

mitchell029

"Hi!

My Suzuki DT115 ran fi

"Hi!

My Suzuki DT115 ran fine last eighteen years. When I put it in the seawater this season, it ran well under 3500rpm, but if I am crusing over 4800rpm, after five minutes the alarm went on. Under 3000rpm the alarm shut down. The oil tank is full.
Is it a problem of thermostat? Thanks!!!"

Hi Michel
I would check a few

Hi Michel
I would check a few things out to try and isolate the cause before there is any damage.
As you've had the engine 18 years I'll assume the impellar and thermostat have been changed many times and the water cooling "pee indicator is working".
Try running with premix to exclude the lube system as a cause.
Does the engine appear hot when problem occurs.
Suzukis can have cooling flow problems caused by the head gasket cooling holes blocking up but I would n't go there just yet. I think the temp sensor is probably working OK so you have a need to be careful
Plse give some more info regarding problem

"Hi Graeme
The impeler has be

"Hi Graeme
The impeler has been changed tree years ago but the thermostat never in 18 years. Last week i change it. There was crystallization of salt anywhere on it.
At this time my boat is remised till juin 2007. So i can't check any thing. But usually the condition of the thermostat, i think that the temp sensor was not OK and probably cause the problem."

Back