Logo

1956 Evinrude Lark

J

John Frailey

I just inherited a 1956 Wizar

I just inherited a 1956 Wizard runabout with a 30 HP Evinrude Lark motor. Does anyone have fuel oil mix ratios for this motor?

John.... The 1956 30hp Evinru

John.... The 1956 30hp Evinrude will operate just fine with the 50/1 (1 pint oil to 6 gal gas) that is in use today. The only engine that had a problem with the 50/1 mix was/is the 1957 7 1/2hp Evinrude/Johnson outboards. Just make sure that you use a good quality oil. I recommend the OMC 50/1 oils (Evinrude?Johnson) or the Mercury Quicksilver 50/1 oil. (Joe - 30+ years with OMC)

" Guys, I beg to differ on th

" Guys, I beg to differ on the fuel/oil ratios. Any Johnson or Evinrude made before 1959 was engineered to run on 16 to 1 or 1/2 pint of 30 weight two cycle oil to the gallon. These motors had some bronze bearings in various applications in the motors and if run with 50 to 1 or worse the modern pre diluted oils the risk is a siezed motor or thrown rods. Your choice I guess. But that is why so many of these motors are seen with blown crank cases. Modern synthetic oils NON-PRE diluted at 16 to 1 seem to work too. Art DeKalb "

I am trying to find a service

I am trying to find a service manual for a Evinrude engine. There are no markings I would guess it to be built sometime in the 60's and it's probably between a 10 to 25 HP. I have the serial number (7520-0318) but that is all. I was wondering is there anyway to cross reference a serial number to get the year and model number.

" Steve... The serial number s

" Steve... The serial number simply states which engine you have in a certain amount of engines that were manufactured. The number that would indicate the year etc would be the "Model Number". That number would be in the same area as the serial number. Get that to us and we'll pin point the year.

Art... The 50/1 mix I spoke of and the recommendations, including the exclusion of the 1957 7.5hp Johnson/Evinrude are direct from OMC. "

" I need assistance to start/w

" I need assistance to start/work on my 30 hp (25022-0507 ser no) outboard.

Fires under ether, runs if I spritz gas into motor. Sound like carb is plugged? "

Back