Logo

Running a stringer elec shift out of water

lilsinker

"I've seen a kit to pipe w

"I've seen a kit to pipe water into the starboard pivot cap. Is it possible to put a "tee" into the hose that goes from the intermediate hsng, to the thermostat housing and hook up a hose there? I recently had some shifting problems, and think I have it taken care of, (wiring problems)and need to start it for a few minutes to check it out. I am having problems finding a trough deep enough for the lower unit. Will this work?"

are you saying a tee instead o

are you saying a tee instead of the fitting? or in addition to it. either should work. no need for both.check for weeping at drive before running on hose.

Yes I was hoping to just use t

Yes I was hoping to just use the "tee" inserted in the hose. Will there be enough going back down to the impeller to keep it from frying?

should be O.K. there should be

should be O.K. there should be a tell tale (pee stream) from same cover that takes water fitting.

"I tried it last night and the

"I tried it last night and the flush kit worked great. There was as much water coming out of the water intake below the cavitation plate as the exaust. (While engine was off) It still didn't want to go into gear though, so I'm hoping for one of two things: It was late and on the drive home, I couldn't remember if I rehooked up the harness to the shifter. (It was dark) or if by some chance the person that I bought the boat from used something other than type C lower unit oil. I've only gotten about 15 minuted run time out of the boat before it went into nuetral and wouldn't shift into either fwd. or rev. I'm praying that the pump shaft didn't strip out."

"Just a thought, if the shaft

"Just a thought, if the shaft was stripped, wouldn't the prop still spin out of the water without a load on it? Just from the friction of the two shafts together even without the splines? I would think so."

Back