Logo

Broken Gimbal bearing grease fitting

jbess

"I have a 2002 SX-m drive that

"I have a 2002 SX-m drive that I was doing some maint. on. I was greasing the gimbal bearing through the grease fitting on starboard side of transom plate when it pulled out of what appears to be a plastic tube leading to gimbal housing. The tube is now stripped and fitting will not tighten. Does anyone know if the tube can just be slide out and replace easily, or maybe get a little bit bigger grease fitting to try to screw back in?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance, Joe
25724.gif
parts in question

"Happened to me too.
I replac

"Happened to me too.
I replaced it with a new fitting that had a course thread on it. It screwed right in. Don't try to over tighten it!

Also when I add grease, I loosen the fitting on the end of the grease gun so that it doesn't pull on the zurk when I'm done.

I've also heard of people removing the tube and putting a fitting into the gimble sleeve which is aluminum. You would have remove the drive to add grease."

"Thanks for the reply, Crestap

"Thanks for the reply, Crestapre.

Did you get the new fitting at a local auto store? Also I take it you left the tube in place and just oversized the fitting? Thats probly the course I will take, Thanks Again, Joe."

Back