Logo

Lift motor trouble

snocat_trf

"I am having trouble with the

"I am having trouble with the lift motor for my 1975 OMC 225 IO.

I can get it to intermittently work but not continuiously.

I replaced the lift motor and when I jumper the solenoids, I get the same result from the system.

The battery is fully charged and is not the problem, I undid all the connections and wire brushed them to make sure they were not the problem.

I took apart the clutch pack and cleaned and re-oiled the sheaves and put it back together.

The only thing I can think of is the lift motor has a slot in the shaft and I did not get it lined up when I installed it, but I am pretty sure it is lined up otherwise it would not snug up to the housing.

anyone have the same problem or have any insight on this?"

Interesting I have a 1975 190

Interesting I have a 1975 190 302 omc and it does the same thing. It works going down but after running it for awhile I have to 'click it' numerous times to get it down.

"There is only one way to &#39

"There is only one way to 'troubleshoot' theese kind of problems and that is by using a volt meter. Measure the voltage on BOTH sides of the relays when operating. If voltage drops below 10 Volts, the motor does not have enough power to operate. Check all connections and if the voltage drop is through the solenoids, replace them."

Back