Logo

The electronic conversion pertronix kit for my aq125B WHERE

J

Javier Cubero

"if anybody can help me out, a

"if anybody can help me out, also which coil should I buy?"

it is german distributor so it

it is german distributor so it should be bosch I believe the pertronix part number is 2842 it has a screw down cap Where's the cheapest place to buy one online?

"Javier, Pertronix conversion

"Javier, Pertronix conversion kits are widelay available via the web...just Google "pertronix 2842" and you will see lots of purchase options and prices. I got mine from Franklin Auto Parts in Redding, CA...good price and because I live in CA it only took a few days to get to me. I also bought a Pertronix Flame Thrower coil from them."

"Thanks Bob bought one last ni

"Thanks Bob bought one last night from go2marine, do they normally come with the screwdown cap."

"Javier, the conversion kit do

"Javier, the conversion kit does not include a new cap...you just use your existing one. The kit includes a small electronic module mounted to a metal plate that installs where your points are now, a metal mounting plate, and a donut shaped magnetic sleeve which you slide on to the distributor cam and then your existing rotor goes on the cam as it normally does. One thing I learned when I installed mine is that it takes some good pressure to press the magnetic sleeve down hard enough over the cam so that it seats down all the way onto the cam as it should, otherwise your rotor will not fit under your cap and/or it might ride too high and hit the inside of the cap. I had to apply some pretty good elbow grease using two fingers while standing up to get my sleeve on the cam all the way. Other than this, the installation was very easy and fast.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out."

Back