Logo

Help p165 8hp impeller

G

greg_mcr

Any one have any information a

Any one have any information about an old 8hp Yamaha p165. The # on the side is s24165. I am thinking it's probably a saltwater model/ two cylinder and perhaps 1974. I need to find an impeller for this motor. Any help is much appreciated.
Greg

"Greg,

That engine may be t

"Greg,

That engine may be the same as the 8hp Mariner from 1977. You should check this out at a Mariner dealer, or on-line at the Mercury website.

Tony"

"Greg,

I checked out the we

"Greg,

I checked out the web site and they do not have Mariner on line as far as I can see.

Maybe I can send you a page from the parts book and you can decide if it is the right engine.

Tony"

"Thanks for your response Tony

"Thanks for your response Tony. Its definitely a Yamaha p165, and the only # I could find on it was s24165. It has two cylinders but I'm not certain if it is an 8hp. I googled Yamaha p165 and found someone who identified their p165 as an 8hp. The guy that sold it to me thought it was a 6. I have the waterpunp off and the impeller does not look that bad. Do you know if the water exits through the exhaust? I did not see any water when it started running and assumed the pump was bad but now I am beginning to wonder. if you had a picture of the Mariner water pump I would probably be able to tell if they are the same.
Thanks a ton! Nobody seems to have ever heard of this model before.
Greg"

Back