Logo

Aq130c270 drive bellows ampbilge blower

ramco1

"Hello,Could any one tell me w

"Hello,Could any one tell me weather i should remove complete outdrive or the upper unit to replace my drive bellows & is there any tricks.
I am mechanically minded & would rather do it myself if i can to save costs .I dont have the workshop manual so can some one tell me the steps please.
Could someone tell me a bit about bilge blowers & how to run one correctly in my boat as it has one but not woking at the moment.
Allso i would like to say that this site is amazing & have learnt a lot from the good advise you people give .
Thanks Bruce ."

"Bruce,

To replace the driv

"Bruce,

To replace the drive bellows, it is enough to remove the upper gear.

To remove the upper gear, you just have to remove two bolts and two nuts attaching it to the intermediate housing, and the large bolt attaching the steering helmet to the upper gear. If you are mechanically minded, I <u>strongly</u> recommend that you get hold of a copy of the Seloc and/or Clymer manuals for your engine/drive. They sell for around $30 each, and you will need them if you do your own repairs. Believe me, it will be money well invested, as they cover basically any repairs you may want to do.

Regarding bilge blowers, there are two types: axial and radial. Your best bet is to replace the one you have for one that looks identical. Ideally, you should run a hose from the suction side of the blower to about 1 foot of the bottom of the hull, then run the discharge overboard."

Thank you El Pescador Good adv

Thank you El Pescador Good advise & yes i will chase up on the manual before i start the job.So my blower is radial type & from what you say it should be sucking fumes completly out of the boat rather than blowing air into the engine box as this is how they (previous owner) have had it set up.

"Key word there is "EXHAUS

"Key word there is "EXHAUST"
proud.gif
"

Back