Logo

Brain Twister

boatn4fun

"I have an Aq 151 A fresh wate

"I have an Aq 151 A fresh water cooled.I blew a hose and it overheated.The head got a very slight warp so I had it planed and put it back together.The oil now goes milky from the time it starts up cold to operating temp.Pulled it back apart had the head presure tested (OK) and checked cylinder walls for cracks.I checked the oil cooler,exhast manifold,water recirculating pump,and filled the water jackets in the block with solvent to see if it leaked into the bottom over night.Everything ok.I coated the head gasket with aviation form-a-gasket to make sure the head gasket wasn't leaking.New head bolts and followed the torque specs.Water in the fresh water cooler is dropping and No.3 cylinder is getting water on top of the piston as well as in the oil.I can't find anything wrong.Please Help!"

When pressure testing theese h

When pressure testing theese heads the valves must be out AND no pressure from sealing plate applied on the valve seats. Further more the head must be heated to operating temp. It may be a crack behind a valve seat that only occurs when heated.

Back