Logo

Leaking injector Volvo Penta 2003 1986

amica_35

I have a model 2003 and one of

I have a model 2003 and one of my injectors is leaking. I can see tiny bubbles when the engine is running round the injector. What is the problem and what can I do to solve this? On the overview I can't dicover any gasket that can be replaced or am I mistaken. Txs Rob from Netherlands

"The copper tube in head seals

"The copper tube in head seals the injector nozzle nut at the bottom. If sleeve is not clean at the bottom or has carbon chip, the injector when tightened will not seal. Remove injector, clean sleeve and lip of nozzle nut and reinstall. May stop combustion leakage. Worst case, a new sleeve needs to be installed in head."

"Hello all,
I had the simila

"Hello all,
I had the similar problems with my injectors, I have an AD41PA and my problem was the injectors got pulled and cleaned and the brass sleeve on the head was cleaned , but there was copper crush washer on the bottom of the injector tube that slides down over the nozzle and seats on the brass sleeve on the head for a tight fit.Could not find a part number for that crush washer, what I had to do is take my old crush washers,cleaned and soldered both sides and it worked like a champ,,,"

Richard and Glenn thanks for y

Richard and Glenn thanks for your reply. In the meantime I found on an exploded view that it might be the Spray sleeve. Can this leak also bring air back into my fuelsystem through the Oil Leak tube that is going back from the injectors to the fuelfilter? And another questins will this leak make that unburned fuel is getting out the exaustpipe?

No air back into system. Could

No air back into system. Could get unburned fuel out exhaust. Any leak is loss of compression in cylinder. Note to Gleen. Volvo does not use copper washers in injector sleeves. If installed they will change spray pattern in cylinder.

Back