Logo

HONDA b100 IMPELLER CHANGE PROBLEMS

R

Ron Mack

"Hi Guys! I have older 10hp b1

"Hi Guys! I have older 10hp b100L that needs new impeller but the lower end only comes down an inch and is stuck on the shifter shaft, and now won't even go back up. I removed all the impeller hsg. bolts. Must the shifter shaft be disconnected at the top by the shifter lever? (That won't be easy for sure). Tried moving the lower end back up but the shifter lever is stuck in fwd. and unit won't fit back. WHAT A MESS! Can anyone help and save this old salt??? Thanx!!!"

"Add to orig problem. Went out

"Add to orig problem. Went out to try to drop lower end again but it may be hung up on drive shaft too (and/or shifter shaft). I can just see the impeller now. How in the world to disconnect? Not even to worry about reassembly! What could our Honda buds been thinkin w/ such a common replace part? Any hints, ideas, bigger hammer?. Thanx again, Ron"

"Update: Wanted to let you kno

"Update: Wanted to let you know in case you have same problems..It was hung up on shifter shaft and diconnected at lever end but had to unbolt diode cooler fins to dislodge lever attach pin. the lower end came down to the shaft head where it hit the seal, but room to take off impeller and drive shaft. Pieces of the rotted rubber vanes were blocking the pump housing outlet and don't know if any other ports are blocked. Now to find new impeller. The old one is 8 vane type but internet says it's for 10hp (p/n 18-3245). But the bf100 (which is mine)was a 9.9hp, and iternet says that hp is a 6 vane (p/n 18-3247)????? Does anyone know which, or does it matter. Any one have parts list catalog for bf100 to check? I think I've reached my problem limit for today!!!
Hope I helped bf100 owners!"

Thanks for the info Ron. I ju

Thanks for the info Ron. I just purchased a boat with the B100 9.9 and I'm about to start the same job you posted here. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again. If I locate the correct impeller I'll let you know.

I too just got to the impelle

I too just got to the impeller I have ordered part no 183245 as this appears to be correct. Does anyone know where to get the lower unit oil seal kit for the older B 100 motor?

"I've fixed plenty of cars

"I've fixed plenty of cars but never an outboard before so help is needed! I want to change the impeller on my B100L and after reading Ron Mack's post I think that I can manage it.What other parts will I need if I change the gearbox oil as well? Should there be an anode above the prop? And lastly, what paint can be used on the corroded aluminium parts of the body?"

Back