Logo

6 HP flush port

fleter

does anyone know where to inst

does anyone know where to install the factory flush fitting (for hose end) on a '08 tohatsu 6 HP? All I see is some bolt heads on the underside where the manual says it should be. Thanks

"it's the largest hex bolt

"it's the largest hex bolt (unpainted). The rubber stopper is actually the "pee tube" that indicates your water pump is working. If you look at the hex bolts when you tilt the motor you'll see several that are smaller and one that is larger. It's the larger one.

But personally, I think it's a heck of lot easy to just use a large bucket/trash can with fresh water in it. With the plug adapter you'll have to cut the end off of a perfectly good hose to attach the adapter to it first. Then you have to take off the hex bolt, screw on the adapter, flush the motor and remove the adapter and put the bolt back on. Or just stick the motor is a large bucket/can of water and do it that way. But whatever works for you is ok. Bottom line is, if you're running is salt water flush it after every use, anyway you can
"

"thanks t-guy. I've been

"thanks t-guy. I've been doing the bucket thing, but have had this plug in and made the hose end (free) and did'nt want to just start undoing bolts. we will soon find out what you said is correct I expect."

Back