Logo

Sterndrive aq130 250

G

George Sugra

my sterndrive will not stay up

my sterndrive will not stay up weather Im towing my boat on the trailer or in the water I cant use my trim the prop pulls it down and when crusing its too week to adjust I can hear it making sounds but not doing anything will go up and down ok out of the water or in nuetral anyone know how to fix this?

"That engine/drive does NOT ha

"That engine/drive does NOT have a trim system, just an electro mechanical tilt! If You have tried to use it as trim when running at least the clutch system is goooooood bye!"

I moved a rod that sits down o

I moved a rod that sits down on the bottom of the outdrive 1 hole out looks like the drive is now locking down in forward and reverse. Thanks for that info Morten Im sure those mechanical tilt motors arent cheap

"What may have happened is tha

"What may have happened is that the push rod from the tilt motor is not fully retracred and pushes down on the rod on top of the port side of Your steering fork. By shifting the tilt pin (the one You mooved) the locking system manage to engage.
As for spares the tilt unit, except for the relays, are only available as compleete unit, but You may try to hunt down a 'wreck' and canibalize it! The tilt unit is probably seized to the transom mount, so try to do the repair when installed. No 'rocket sience'."

Back