Logo

Rochester 4bbl problemsTrim Ram issues

wellcraftnova230

Contributing Member
"Hello All,
So after abou

"Hello All,
So after about a month of not using my boat I went to start it on a cold start, and after priming about 30 times it decided to start. I checked the primer and it pumps gas into the motor and the choke is closed. The engine starts right up with the flick of the key on cold starts and idles excellent. Thats problem one. Problem two is that I put my drive down after I used the boat to protect the boots, and it was about an inch off the ground, this morning it was on the ground. So I tried picking it up and the rams had about 2 inches of play in them. So I trimmed it up a little bit and the play was reduced to about an inch. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for all your help, Jon"

"Jon, I need to pump the throt

"Jon, I need to pump the throttle wildly to get my 4.3LX to start after a two week layoff. As long as it starts easily after it has been used that day, I don't think I would mess with it.

The PTT system should be self bleeding. First fill the trim pump with oil or ATF as recommended. Now run the drive up and down a few times. if this doesn't fix it, the ram piston seals are likely leaking. There are repair kits available."

Back