Logo

Nissan 120hp 1995 Trouble starting

javlin101

"I am having trouble starting

"I am having trouble starting my out board. It takes forever to fire but once it starts runs great & restarts well all day. Next day same drill as before. I replaced the primer bulb but notice when you pump it, it fills the filter but when you release the bulb the fuel level drops in the filter. Could this be a faulty primer bulb causing this. I was also told pushing the key in dose not choke but pumps fuel into the carb. I was told that you should push the key in & hold for 8 sec before turning over."

Pushing in on the key does not

Pushing in on the key does not inject anything...It closes the butterfly plates on the carbs. You sound like you have a problem in your fuel system.

"Well update on this, put new

"Well update on this, put new primer blub & fuel line to engine. Blub pumps up hard but still is hard to start. Took the engine cover off & manually closed the choke. After doing this it would start. Can you adjust the choke linkage?

Jim"

Ok so I know it is a choke iss

Ok so I know it is a choke issue. I would like to clean & lube the choke linkage. Can anyone recomend a product for this.

Jim

Back