Logo

VP AQAD 41 A Exhaust valve inside rizer

frode

Anyone have the drawings of th

Anyone have the drawings of this exhaust valve fitted inside the rizer on the 41A engines? Mine is corroded away and I need to make a new one. What type of steel is it made of?

Thanks for the web site. Unfor

Thanks for the web site. Unfortunately there were no drawing showing this valve in detail. Anyone have a picture or any info about this valve? My engine is smoking a lot you see and I believe it has something to do with this valve.
All info will be appreciated.

"That valve is there to increa

"That valve is there to increase exhaust back pressure and putting a 'load' on the engine at idle, or it might in some applications have difficulties in obtaining a decent engine temperature at idle. If Your engine obtains normal operating temp at idle, no need for the valve.
If Your problem is abnormal smoke, have Your injectors checked out as we;ll as Your air-filter and ventilation. Then have the air side of the inter cooler cleaned as well, You might be shocked about how much might be there.
I once had twin AD31/290DP with that valve system and simply got rid of them. Created more problem than it cured."

"Thanks for your reply morten,

"Thanks for your reply morten,
Have just overhauled the top, cleaned the intercooler, injectors were changed last year, and the only thing left now is the turbo, exhaust valve and the diesel pump. And nobody seems to know the adjustment settings for the diesel pump for the A engines. Only for B!? So maybe the problem is the pump?"

"As long as we are talking abo

"As long as we are talking about idling, the timing of the pump is essential. However if the initial pump setting is out, it might have to be bench tested, and the settings should be no problem for any Bosch certified diesel shop. Timing on the engine might in some cases be a bit more 'difficult'. If I remember right the flywheel has to be locked with a pin, and the pump set to spec. Unfortunately quite some of the engines I ran across missed the hole to insert the pin and lock the flywheel! In those cases it gets a bit more difficult as You will have to mark the front damper and find the TDC and timing setting 'manually'. It is however in the original Volvo Penta workshop manuals."

Back