Logo

Bravo 2 stern drive clutch in dealy

I have a Zodiak with a Yanmar

I have a Zodiak with a Yanmar 6LP coupled with a Bravo 2 stern drive. On one of the boats when you shift into FWD gear to the first detent there is a 3-5 second delay before it clutches in. This issue has been intermitent. Sometimes it happens right off the batt and other times as soon as you clutch in. When the boat is on the trailer it clutches in right away with no delay. Other than this problem the engine and IO operate jsut fine! what gives? I have taken a little bit off slack out of the shift cable in the engine comp. The console cable meets up with the shift cable to the outdrive in the eng comp instead of one single cable. I disconnected the cable at this point and the shift cable to the console operates a lot smoother that the cable to the outdrive.

"Hello!
It seems like a simil

"Hello!
It seems like a similar problem as I have with my Yanmar/Bravo2. When I put it in forward the propeller starts to rotate, but it takes some seconds before it really starts to push the boat. It seems like there is a slip in the transmission. In rewers it works fine.

My dealer think the clutch is worn, and has to be changed. They are doing it right now, and I will have stern drive back in next week."

Back